California Military Defense Lawyers
Joseph Low is Undefeated in Military Defense Cases
The Law Firm of Joseph Hawkins Low IV, Attorneys for the People, has a reputation for aggressively and successfully handling military matters in California and across the globe. The firm is dedicated to vigorously protecting the rights of their clients and achieving the best possible results. The firm's founder, Joseph Hawkins Low IV, is a former United States Marine and is an established military criminal trial attorney with experience in defending clients. Mr. Low is known throughout the country as a tough courtroom attorney and successful legal strategist.
Joseph Low is licensed to conduct military courts-martials all over the world and for all of the branches of the military. He is dedicated to his clients, as is shown in his continuing to travel any where in the world where our members of the military go, including combat zones.
Click here to read about Attorney Joseph Low's involvement in the Hamdania case.
Mr. Low has experience representing clients in many military matters, including:
- Defense of General, Special and Summary Courts-Martial
- Article 32 Hearings
- Appeals of Convictions by Courts-Martial before the service Court of Criminal Appeals, the Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces, and the Supreme Court
- Representation and Advisement in Article 21, UCMJ, Investigations
- Representation and Advisement in Criminal Suspect Investigations
- Representation and Advisement in Non-Judicial Punishment Under Article 15
- Representation and Advisement in Flying and Medical Evaluation Boards
- Representation and Advisement in Administrative Discharge Boards
- Administrative hearings to "Show Cause" and administrative boards, "PEB"s (Physical Evaluation Boards), and privileging actions/hearings against physicians
- Civil lawsuits under the Federal Tort Claims Act and Military Claims Act for negligence and medical malpractice
- Military pay and personnel cases before the U.S. Court of Federal Claims
California Military Law - Military Justice
Military law consists of the Uniform Code of Military Justice and other statutory provisions for the government of persons in the Armed Forces to which may be added the unwritten common law of the usage and custom of military service as well as regulations and authorized by the President as Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces (See 10 U.S.C.S. § 121). It is a part of our body of law as a whole, and is fully recognized by civil courts; it is in force in time of peace as well as in time of war. All persons serving in the Armed Forces of the United States are subject to military law at all times.
Photos of Mr. Low's Recent Trip to Iraq to Defend a Client
Click here for more photos.
When you are faced with adverse action being taken against you by the military or federal government, you need to have competent legal representation by an accomplished military trial attorney who will aggressively defend your rights. If you have been charged with a crime and are facing Courts-Martial, or an Administrative Separation Action, you need a military lawyer who is familiar with the UCMJ and is not afraid to fight for your rights. Your future depends upon the tenacity and abilities of your defense lawyer. Call Joseph TODAY to discuss your case.
Courts-Martial Survival Tips:
- Talk only to your lawyer.
- You have an absolute right to remain silent. Use it always. Talking to investigators or your superiors will generally NOT help your case. It may, however, help convict you.
- Article 31 of the UCMJ (10 U.S.C. § 831) provides that: No person subject to this chapter may interrogate, or request any statement from, an accused or a person suspected of an offense without first informing him of the nature of the accusation and advising him that he does not have to make any statement regarding the offense of which he is accused or suspected, and that any statement made by him may be used as evidence against him in a trial by court-martial. Watch out for government investigators trying to "help" you. Remember they are paid to convict you, not to help you, and they may lie to you in order to get you to give them information.
Military Charges are very serious charges and demand that anyone facing such charges employ an experienced military justice attorney for his or her defense in order to protect your rights.
The right Military lawyer may be your ONLY DEFENSE against Courts-Martial and jail.
Toll Free 1-888-454-5569
Additional Military Crime Information
- About Military Lawyer Joseph H. Low, IV
- Combat Crimes Defense
- Courts Martial
- Courts Martial Appeals
- Desertion/AWOL Defense
- Military Domestic Violence
- Military Drug Crimes
- Military Bases
- Military Legal Glossary
- Military Law FAQ's
- Military News Articles
- Cases Draw Cavalcade of Military Justice Stars
- Murder charges dismissed against Marine
- Murder charges dismissed against Marine - Video
- Fallujah Murder Case
- MILITARY: Attorney wants charges dropped against third Fallujah defendant
- MILITARY: Closing the book on a dark chapter in Iraq
- Hamdania Case Resources