South Bay Car Accident Attorneys
Motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of injury and death in the United States. In fact, 3 million people were either killed or injured in motor vehicle accidents last year alone.
If you have been involved in an accident caused by another driver's negligence, you may be able to file a claim against them for property damage, personal damage (medical expenses, pain and suffering, future losses, etc), and, in some cases, punitive damages. However, you must support your claim by proving 3 things:
- Negligence - The driver failed to use due care
- Causation - The negligence of the driver caused the accident
- Damages - You suffered damages as a result of the accident
Always consult an experienced personal injury attorney or auto accident lawyer before you file a claim for damages. If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident or any type of accident, make sure you protect yourself and your family by following these important steps.
- Call the police immediately;
- Record the other driver's name, address, phone number, license number, registration, and proof of insurance;
- Gather the names, addresses and phone numbers of any witnesses who can be contacted by your attorney at a later date;
- Always carry a camera and take pictures of both vehicles, the accident scene, and any injuries;
- Seek medical attention right away. It is imperative that you have collaborating documentation to support your claim for injuries;
- Report the accident to your insurance company and, if required, to the Department of Motor Vehicles;
- Cooperate with your insurance company but do not volunteer any theories about the circumstances leading up to the accident;
- Never, never, never discuss the accident with the other driver's insurance company;
- Always consult with an attorney experienced in the practice of personal injury law before you attempt to recover your losses;
- Once you have hired your South Bay motor vehicle accident attorney, redirect anyone who contacts you for information about the accident to your attorney.
Call the Law Firm of Joseph H. Low IV for a free consultation today and get the representation you deserve!!